The Atlantic Provinces (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland & Labrador), worked jointly with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, Taste of Nova Scotia, and Phaff Export Marketing, to organize a series of four virtual export cafés for the following markets: Italy, Spain, the UK, and the Benelux.
Of course, we would have liked to organize a series of live export cafés. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19, we had to decide to organize virtual export cafés, which also offered a great opportunity to meet new suppliers.
The Atlantic Trade and Investment Growth Strategy, a partnership between the Government of Canada and the four Atlantic provincial governments, supports this project.
The Atlantic Trade and Investment Growth Strategy (ATIGS) was launched in 2017. Its purpose is to help companies to find export markets, create jobs, and strengthen the economy.
Virtual Export Café Benelux
The Virtual Export Café Benelux did take place from 31 January until 4 February 2022.
During this event, importers from the Benelux had the opportunity to (virtually) meet growers and producers from Atlantic Canada, without leaving their homes. These 30 minutes virtual meetings were organized via Zoom (or if preferred by Teams).
Importers from the Benelux were invited to join the Virtual Export Café Benelux to meet Atlantic Canada Seafood, Agri-Food & Beverage companies.
Meet the Atlantic Canada companies
The following Atlantic Canada Seafood, Agri-Food & Beverage companies participated in the Virtual Export Café Benelux:
- Atlantic Sea Cucumber Ltd. (sea cucumber)
- Bayshore Lobster Ltd. (lobster)
- By the Water Shellfish (2012) Inc. & Captain Cooke's Seafood (lobster)
- Cooke Seafood (salmon, trout, scallop, argentine red shrimp, pacific white shrimp)
- Eastbound Seafood (ocean perch, haddock, scallop, lobster, snow crab)
- Fisher King Seafoods Ltd. (snow crab, lobster, scallop, turbot, ocean perch, grey sole)
- Green Seafoods Ltd. (blue mussel, whelk, sea cucumber)
- Lobster Prince Edward Island (lobster)
- Muwin Estate Wines Ltd. (non-alcoholic cider)
- Newfound Resources Ltd. (cold water shrimp)
- Ocean Blue Fisheries Ltd. (lobster, snow crab)
- One Tuna Inc. (tuna)
- P.E.I. Mussel King (blue mussel)
- Saltbox Brewing Company (craft beer, cider, RTDs)
- Victoria Co-operative Fisheries Ltd. (lobster, snow crab, jonah crab, silver hake, salmon)
- World Link Food Distributors Inc. (lobster)
Questions about this activity? We are more than happy to answer them. Please contact: Agnes Huetink email@example.com