The Atlantic Provinces (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland & Labrador), worked jointly with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, Taste of Nova Scotia and Phaff Export Marketing, were organizing a series of four virtual export cafés for the following markets: Italy, Spain, the UK and the Benelux.
Of course, we would have liked to organize a series of live export cafés. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19, we had to decide to organize virtual export cafés, which also offered a great opportunity to meet new suppliers.
The Atlantic Trade and Investment Growth Strategy, a partnership between the Government of Canada and the four Atlantic provincial governments, supported this project.
The Atlantic Trade and Investment Growth Strategy (ATIGS) was launched in 2017. Its purpose is to help companies to find export markets, create jobs, and strengthen the economy.
Virtual Export Café Italy
The Virtual Export Café Italy did take place from 7 - 11 March 2022.
During this event, importers from Italy had the opportunity to (virtually) meet growers and producers from Atlantic Canada, without leaving their homes. These 30 minutes virtual meetings were organized via Zoom (or if preferred by Teams).
Importers from Italy were invited to join the Virtual Export Café Italy to meet Atlantic Canada Seafood, Agri-Food & Beverage companies.
Meet the Atlantic Canada companies
The following Atlantic Canada Seafood, Agri-Food & Beverage companies participated in the Virtual Export Café Italy:
- Atlantic Sea Cucumber Ltd. (sea cucumber)
- Baie Ste-Anne Seafoods (2014) Inc. (snow crab, lobster)
- Bay Shore Lobster Ltd. (lobster)
- Biscay Seafoods Canada Ltd. (cod, saithe, tusk, haddock, lobster, cold water shrimp, snow crab, squid)
- By The Shellfish (2012) Inc. and Captain Cooke's Seafood (lobster)
- Cooke's Seafood (salmon, trout, scallop, argentine red shrimp, pacific white shrimp)
- Fisher King Seafoods Ltd. (snow crab, lobster, scallop, turbot, ocean perch, grey sole)
- Green Seafood Ltd. (blue mussel, whelk, sea cucumber)
- Newfound Resources Ltd. (cold water shrimp)
- Ocean Blue Fisheries Ltd. (lobster, snowcrab)
- Victoria Co-operative Fisheries (lobster, snow crab, johah crab, silver hake, salmon)
- World Link Food Distributors Inc. (lobster)
Questions or interested in meeting the companies?
Questions about this event or interested in receiving more information about the companies?
Please contact: Derko den Otter (firstname.lastname@example.org).