The Atlantic Provinces (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland & Labrador), worked jointly with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, Taste of Nova Scotia and Phaff Export Marketing, were organizing a series of four virtual export cafés for the following markets: Italy, Spain, the UK and the Benelux.
Of course, we would have liked to organize a series of live export cafés. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19, we had to decide to organize virtual export cafés, which also offer a great opportunity to meet new suppliers.
The Atlantic Trade and Investment Growth Strategy, a partnership between the Government of Canada and the four Atlantic provincial governments, supports this project.
The Atlantic Trade and Investment Growth Strategy (ATIGS) was launched in 2017. Its purpose is to help companies to find export markets, create jobs, and strengthen the economy.
Virtual Export Café UK
The Virtual Export Café UK did take place from 22 until 25 February 2022.
During this event, importers from the UK had the opportunity to (virtually) meet growers and producers from Atlantic Canada, without leaving their homes. These 30 minutes virtual meetings were organized via Zoom (or if preferred by Teams).
Importers from the UK were invited to join the Virtual Export Café UK to meet Atlantic Canada Seafood, Agri-Food & Beverage companies.
Meet the Atlantic Canada companies
The following Atlantic Canada Seafood, Agri-Food & Beverage companies participated in the Virtual Export Café UK:
- Atlantic Sea Cucumber Ltd. (sea cucumber)
- Baie Ste-Anne Seafoods (2014) Inc. (lobster, snow crab)
- Bayshore Lobster Ltd. (lobster)
- By the Water Shellfish (2012) Inc. & Captain Cooke's Seafood (lobster)
- Cooke Seafood (salmon, trout, scallop, argentine red shrimp, pacific white shrimp)
- Eastbound Seafood (ocean perch, haddock, scallop, lobster, snow crab)
- Fisher King Seafoods Ltd. (snow crab, lobster, scallop, turbot/Greenland halibut, ocean perch, grey sole)
- Fogo Island Co-operative Society Ltd. (snow crab, cold water shrimp, turbot/Greenland halibut, cod, squid)
- Green Seafoods Ltd. (blue mussel, whelk, sea cucumber)
- Muwin Estate Wines Ltd. (cider)
- Newfound Resources Ltd. (cold water shrimp)
- Ocean Blue Fisheries Ltd. (lobster, snow crab)
- One Tuna Inc. (tuna)
- P.E.I. Mussel King (blue mussel)
- Saltbox Brewing Company (craft beer, cider, vodka sodas)
- Victoria Co-operative Fisheries Ltd. (lobster, snow crab, jonah crab, silver hake, salmon)
- World Link Food Distributors Inc. (lobster)
Questions or interested in meeting the companies?
Questions about this event or interested in receiving more information about the companies?
Please contact: Agnes Huetink email@example.com